Have a bug report, feature request, or comment? We'd love to hear from you — please email us at email@example.com
- Tuesday, December 14th
- Editor now shows matching braces and brackets. A new setting allows you to toggle this
- Added out-node support for many more content-type headers including ‘application/vnd.api+json’ and image/webp
- Tuesday, November 16th
- Fixed an issue where changing the method of a request would not be reflected in the UI
- Fixed an issue where a canceled task node could never become uncanceled again
- Fixed awkward toolbar placement for the trial version on Monterey
- Copying a script node now properly adjusts associated node id's
- Monday, November 1st
- Dark mode has been given more contrast
- Improved syntax highlighting accuracy
- Fixed an issue where the request node method indicator would draw off-center
- Monday, October 11th
- Timeout can now be set individually for client and browser
- Browser now has a loading indicator
- Port options shown on right-click are now ordered alphabetically
- Hold shift while dragging to snap to grid
- Size of detached windows now properly restored
- Added links to our YouTube tutorial channel documentation and help menu
- Fixed an issue where detached browsers and web sockets would not be closable
- Fixed an issue where text in output and editors would need to catch-up when scrolling
- Fixed an issue where zooming would cause the position of nodes to drift
- Fixed an issue where line numbers would disappear after previewing content
- Fixed an issue where the title of the selected configuration would not be updated
- Fixed an issue where disabled env variables would still show up
- Fixed some layout issues in the settings panel
- Thursday, September 23rd
✨ New and Improved
- You can now use autocomplete in GraphQL queries. Connect a document with the result of an introspection query or a schema in SDL format to the schema port of the GraphQL node to activate it
- The browser and websocket interfaces can now be detached into separate windows
- The document node now has an option to auto-format JSON input
- Browser and client nodes now also accept PEM formatted SSL certificates
- The porthelper now also shows the ID of the node
- Line endings are once again stripped off the end of request URL’s
- Window position and size is now correctly restored on launch if the ‘Close windows when quitting app’ setting is enabled
- Thursday, September 9th
✨ New and Improved
- The output system has been overhauled and brought more in line with the editor. Selected line numbers are now highlighted. Tables are made more legible and are now properly formatted with tabs when copied. Scrolling is also smoother and collapsing and expanding blocks has been made more performant. Errors and notices have received a new look and changing font sizes no longer causes layout issues that require a reload.
- Potentially long-running actions like highlighting large documents are spun off into a separate process. This increases the stability and performance of both the editors and the output system.
- Autocomplete now also indexes JSON documents. Any document that is valid JSON can be connected to the aux port of other nodes to have its fields appear in the the autocomplete dialog.
- Variables are now properly highlighted throughout Auxl’s input fields and collections and are more easily discoverable as a result.
- The Document Node now has an option that allows you to disable to the auto-set of the document’s content type and encoding. Use it in cases where the content-type from the server differs from the actual content-type.
- Format JSON documents by selecting edit > Format Document (⌘⇧I) from the menu.
- The Encoder Node now has an option to include the colon character in the URL encoding. It is enabled by default.
- Websocket Node errors are now more descriptive.
- You can now select multiple rows in the Collection Node. Hold shift or command and click on the rows you want to add to the selection.
- Node rows now have a drag handle.
- The file node has been given a ‘meta’ port that returns information about the file itself such as its path, mime-type and when it was last updated.
- Fixed an issue where the order of the fields in the (formatted) JSON output would be different from the original source.
- Fixed an issue where the canvas scrollbars would show and hide repeatedly.
- Fixed sluggishness while tabbing through rows in the Collection Node.
- Fixed an issue where typing something in a collection would result in double/repeated characters when certain accessibility enhancing tools are active (e.g. Alt+Tab, Keysmith).
- Fixed an unjust system alert sound when clicking a file link in the output.
- Fixed an issue where the port helper would never hide.
- Fixed an issue where displaying images (especially large ones) in output would momentarily hang the application.
🗒 Notes for current users
- File nodes can no longer be directly connected to aux ports. Use File’s meta outlet to achieve the same.
- The Client node’s payload port can no longer be connected to aux ports. Use a document or file as a buffer if you require this. This has the added benefit of being able to more effectively use autocomplete.
- Wednesday, August 4th
This version improves Auxl’s general stability and performance.
- Query node no longer processes the full input
- Removed superfluous console logging
- Lower CPU usage when editing large documents
- Fixed a crash when the query node tried to parse empty input
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur with browser node during cookie synchronization
- Fixed issue where large JSON output (5 mb+) would hang the app indefinitely
- Fixed variables not highlighted in Corporate Light theme
- Fixed typos
- Friday, July 16th
- Integrate shell scripts using the Task node
- Sticky selection keeps current selection active
- Invert selection selects everything but the current selection
- New light- and dark theme: Corporate
- Document editor now supports highlighting various programming languages.
- Files are now saved in a SCM friendly format (unless encryption is enabled)
- Default URL protocol scheme now configurable under network settings
- Document Editor now has configurable line endings
- File nodes can now be connected to aux to use its metadata
- File node output now allows you to open the referenced file in the finder
- Document editor selection now easier to use with languages that use dot notation
- Document editor no longer loses focus when switching between output and inspector
- Document editor now highlights the current line number
- Fixed issue where line numbers where incorrectly calculated
- Fixed issue where secret key for encryption would be rotated inadvertently
- Fixed issue for nodes being blurry on non-retina screens
- Various stability and performance improvements
- Monday, June 7th
- Included example: OAuth authentication for Imgur
- Fixed a bug where the port-helper would not be visible while dragging a link
- Fixed a bug where the text finder under output would not be visible
- Status code for browser response now also has a color
- Typos and inconsistencies in documentation
- Monday, May 31st
- Generator node was not hooked up to anything in OAuth example
- Adding a configuration without a title now triggers an error
- Better visibility of disabled connections
- Textual / casing issues in settings
- Output bottom toolbar would not respond to theme changes
- Fix crash in node selector panel keyboard navigation
- Syntax highlighting for Regex now works in ‘Light’ and ‘Auxl’ themes
- Browser snippet now has cookie parameter and explanation on out and console